It is our desire to be ON CAMPUS as soon as possible and for often as possible. There is likely to be a time during the school year when we must pivot to REMOTE learning.
Here is a brief summary of what those two learning models may look like for our youngest students:
When Campus is OPEN
(2 day, 3 day or 5 day)
- On campus per enrolled class schedule
- Traditional Preschool Hours
- Feasible physical distancing encouraged
- Enhanced cleaning and safety protocols
- Face coverings may be required for staff only, per town and county mandates
- Classes stay together at recess
- Students will attend Chapel either virtually or in the church sanctuary
- “Drop in” Lunch Bunch will not be offered
- STEAM Lunch will be eaten in the STEAM classrooms.
- PreK and STEAM students participate in Spanish class either virtually or in person with the teacher.
When Campus is CLOSED
- At home learning when the campus is closed to students and staff.
- Most similar to what was offered to preschool students from March 18-May 20, 2020. It includes developmentally appropriate learning packets, video lessons, and social emotional experiences with teachers.
- For 2020-21, this model is enhanced based on best practices, including more synchronous learning opportunities and greater accountability for staff and students.