Curriculum and Enrichment
- Christian Learning: Bible and Concordia Publishing House
- Math: Guiding Kinders
- Language Arts: Harcourt Trophies (reading) and Fundations (phonics, phonetic awareness, and comprehension)
- Social Studies: Scott Foresman
- Science: Macmillan/McGraw-Hill
- Half Day Enrichment: choir , physical education,
- Full Day Enrichment: art, library, music, and Spanish
- Technology: document camera, iPads, and other technology tools utilized for lessons
Christ. Quality. Community. ~ Grade Level Goals
Christ: Realize who God is and who he/she is in Christ. Show how God loves people and families. Review the birth and life of Jesus. Build relationships in the classroom based on the teachings and example of Christ. Memorize one Bible verse a week. Participate in daily prayer, devotions, and a weekly chapel.
Quality: Focus on building a strong foundation in language arts and mathematics. Be challenged and supported at his/her own level.
Community: Respect and love the classroom community. Participate with classmates in Hearts and Hands in Motion community service projects throughout the year.
- Athletics: ADM (Athletic Developmental Model) and cheerleading
- Clubs: Chess Club and Running Club
Field Trips and Special Days
Trips and special days are scheduled to coincide with thematic units and /or holidays. Some examples include field trips to the fire station and grocery store. Special days include , 100 days of school, story book characters and careers.