*This information is currently being reviewed and more specific details will be shared prior to the start of school.
While many adjustments are being made to create a safe environment for our community, we maintain dedication to the learning experience for all students. It is our goal that the new procedures will not interfere with student learning and the strong community that CG families have come to know and love. More than anything, we hope that Jesus shines through each and every experience. Parents are asked to show a positive attitude as they talk with their children in preparing for the school year. A smile and encouraging word will go a long way in helping students prepare.
- May be required, per local or state mandates.
- The Town of Gilbert and Maricopa County issued proclamations regarding face coverings in June. If the mandate still stands on August 12, we will adhere to stated guidelines and modify as needed for specific student circumstances.
- Expected among staff, students, and parents.
- Desks will be spaced as far apart as feasible for student learning and safety.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water will be required regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available, and students may keep their own bottle at their desk.
Visitors on CG School campus
- Outside visitors or volunteers are limited.
- Parents are encouraged to make an appointment to meet with staff when needed unless it is for the safety or well-being of their child.
School Staff Responsibility
- Monitor physical, social, and emotional health of students through observation and discussion
- Staff is participating in Mental Health First Aid training - this is a refresher for existing staff with new focus on supporting students
- Technical training to support hybrid learning models
- Staff will transition between classrooms for Specials and specialized teaching (instead of students moving between classrooms).
- Staff will participate in virtual inservices and training that would normally require travel.
- Staff must follow all safety protocols when interacting with each other, with students, and with parents
- Staff will utilize daily checklist for cleaning and sanitizing
Parent Responsibility for on campus learning
Health Screening: Home is the first point in screening. Parents are asked to not bring their child to school if he/she or any other family member has the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills (100 degrees or higher)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Ensure that your child has at least two clean face coverings and a water bottle filled with fresh water
- Ensure that your child has a healthy nut-free lunch with necessary utensils and napkins/wipes.
- Arrive at school during your family’s scheduled drop-off time. You may park and walk your child to his/her outdoor entrance or you may use a designated drop-off zone *Please note, there may be certain times when the drop-off zone is the ONLY option. If you have multiple children in the school, please ensure that each child enters through his/her designated grade level entrance
- If your child becomes sick with any type of illness or condition, please alert the school right away 480-892-8314
- When on campus, parents must follow all safety protocols
Student Responsibility, when on campus
- Remember to bring your lunch and a freshly filled water bottle each day
- Use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
- If masks are being required please ensure that yours is securely in place over your mouth and nose
- Once you enter the classroom, please place your belongings in the dedicated space and then wash your hands with soap and water.
- Only share materials and supplies if the teacher has given permission to do so
- Wash hands upon arrival, before and after being outside for physical activity, before and after eating, before and after using the restroom, after sneezing, coughing, or blowing nose, and prior to leaving school
- Keep as much distance as possible between you and your classmates.
- At recess remain within your homeroom group and stay within designated play zone. (based on Contingency Plan stages)
- Talk with teachers and parents about how you are feeling
- Remember that you are LOVED and that God's got this!
- Signage will be posted throughout campus for entrances and with reminders for hygiene, distancing, and to encourage a positive attitude.
- School events are being carefully considered with large-group events being moved online or cancelled until further notice.
- Field trips have been put on hold until further notice.
- Refer to Contingency Plan stages for more specific details. School Administration will determine the stage that the school is presently in and share that information with parents.
COVID SYMPTOMS, POSITIVE TESTS, AND EXPOSURE
Procedures are being considered and will be shared with parents and staff through updated K-8 and Preschool Handbooks for 2020-2021.