We are looking forward to welcoming students back to school for the 2020-2021 academic year. This is unlike any situation we have experienced before, and we are thankful for the opportunity that God has given us to continue providing a rich Christ-centered educational experience to the community.The theme for the 2020-2021 school year is FAITH. The verse from 2 Corinthians 5:7 was put before us as a compass for the uncharted journey we would embark on. “For we live by FAITH, not by sight”. It’s a very simple way to refocus our mindset when the path before us is especially unclear.
Visit cglchurch.org/schoolupdate to watch video podcasts with CG Administration.
God has led us on a journey of discovering the possibilities of our own collective Growth Mindset this year. “The power of YET” has become a mantra within our classrooms. “I don’t understand this math problem YET” …. “I can’t tie my shoes YET” .... “I’m not sure how to play this game YET”. Teachers and staff are growing and stretching and praying their way through the biggest educational Growth Mindset feat of their careers. We don’t have all of the answers YET, but we have FAITH that God does, and we are relying on Him and the gifts that He has given us as we move forward.
Leaders of CG heartily and humbly ask for your prayers and patience as we navigate through the coming months.
THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS AND PEOPLE
As Christ Greenfield prepares for the 2020-2021 school year, several task force groups have been put into place to facilitate the return to learning for students and staff. The overall goal of the work done by these task force groups is to provide safe and flexible options for high quality learning and community engagement.
- Facilities Team
- Staff Advisory Team
- Administrative Advisory Team
- Academic Advisory Team
- CARES Acts Advisory Team
- Teacher/Tech Advisory Team
- Medical Advisory Team
- Social/Emotional Care Advisory Team
- Spiritual Care Advisory Team
The task force groups and CG Administrators are taking the following into consideration for decision making:
- Recommendations from CDC, and the Arizona Governor's Office, Maricopa County Department of Health
- Collaboration with Administrators within the Pacific Southwest District (LCMS)
- Arizona Department of Education Roadmap for Reopening Schools
- Feedback from parent and staff Zoom meetings (June 2020)
- Feedback from parent survey (June 2020)
- Funding and Responsible use of resources