School is out for Summer Break, but this page will remain available as a resource to CG parents and online guests.
To schedule a private tour or to inquire about our Middle School (6th-8th grade) program, contact Admissions Director Olga Garcia at 480-892-8314 ext 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our halls may be empty, and our school doors may be locked, but we are most certainly OPEN for learning!
This is a confusing time for families, especially for children who crave routine (whether they know it or not!). We know that many parents are juggling their own work, their children's work, and the emotional toll that this pandemic has caused. At Christ Greenfield, we respect that "Extended Learning" will look different for every family and that parents are doing the very best they can. We appreciate feedback about this program - as it's all new to us, too!
What does Extended Learning look like for Middle School?
In an effort to simplify "school", teachers and administration have implemented the following:
- Morning Announcements from Mrs. Calendo with a schedule and news for K-8 families. These are available for your family when it fits into YOUR schedule:
- Specials Activity for the Day
- Storytime for the Day
- School Update, Chapel, and other events
- Emails or Google Classroom posts from teachers of each class
- Includes assignments and Google Hangouts
- Online platforms
- Google Classroom - click HERE for a parent's guide to Google Classroom
- BombBomb video emails
**Each teacher has set his/her own routine. Refer to teacher emails for class-specific resources.
- School YouTube Channel
K-8 Homeroom Teachers will keep daily office hours.
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 3:00-4:00 p.m
- Emails/videos from teachers may be sent to students/parents at this time.
- Teachers will respond to emails from students/parents as promptly as possible during office hours with the understanding that they may be answering another student's/parent's question.
- Emails sent to teachers other than office hours will be answered within 24 hours.
Have a question or concern about your child's learning experience?
Your child's teachers are always the best resource and we recommend starting conversations there. Go directly to each teacher for specific class concerns. For more general help, go to your child's homeroom teacher.
What about class trips?
Our 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classes each had very special class trips scheduled (6th grade to Tonto Rim for 3 days, 7th Grade to Catalina for a week, and 8th Grade to Washington D.C. for a week ). Please refer to communication from teachers about how these trips are not being cancelled, but postponed.
8th Grade Parents: Please refer to Principal Calendo's April 7 email about the D.C. trip.
Encouragment from Principal Calendo
(Email from March 19 - our first day of Extended Learning)
There is A LOT of change going on in the world right now. Change can feel overwhelming, confusing, and scary to children and adults. Feeling safe and loved is the foundation of being ready to learn, so the spiritual, emotional, and mental well-being of our families is a top priority. We understand that every family has their own story. Maybe parents are working at home. Maybe parents are working long hours outside of the home. Maybe your family is trying to share devices and you don't have enough for everyone. Maybe you are at your wit's end being cooped up together in your home. We get it. We have families too. Keep in mind, the whole world is trying to figure this out! Let us be gentle with each other (and ourselves) as we navigate all of this TOGETHER with Jesus as our guide.
- Our VISION - the PLAN has a BALANCE of routine with the freedom of embracing this as an unexpected opportunity for us all.
- Our core VALUES are at the center of the PLAN.
- Point each other to CHRIST in all things.
- Give our best effort, learn from our mistakes, and embrace personal progress and victories as the heart of QUALITY.
- Be connected to our CG COMMUNITY.
- Trust us. We are experienced educators who are passionate about learning AND we love your kids. We are going to do everything we can to make this work. Let us know how we can help you. As always, your child's homeroom teacher is your first point of contact.
- Trust yourself. We've seen you in action. You are pretty awesome parents and you have taught your kids a lot. More than you know. More than they'll admit.
- God's got this.