Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran School’s integrated Preschool curriculum was chosen to meet our students’ educational, spiritual, and emotional needs. Specific information regarding our curriculum includes:
- Concordia Publishing House provides our religious curriculum which encourages faith development and spiritual growth in the Triune God.
- Handwriting Without Tears:Get Set for School is used for literacy and math activities.
- Fundations Phonics and Zoo Phonics are used for phonemic awareness and literacy building.
- Love and Logic principles act as a guide for providing respectful and caring discipline in the classroom.
- Early Learning Standards based on the Arizona Department of Education.
A day in the life of a preschooler at Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran School includes:
Centers: Children choose from a variety of activities that encourage strengthening social skills, sharing, communication and self-regulation.
Jesus Time: Children gather for Bible stories and songs that foster their spiritual growth and development.
Playground Time: Children increase physical development by building gross motor, social, and safety skills.
Circle Time and Group Activities: Our group activities are teacher-directed and include Jesus time, story time, songs, group discussion, science, language and math instruction.
Snack Time: Children build social skills and manners while enjoying a healthy snack based on the guidelines from the AZ Department of Health Services.
Weekly Activities: The weekly activities offered to preschoolers at Christ’s Greenfield Lutheran School include Chapel, Math, Language and Spanish Instruction from our Specialists.