- Christian Learning: Bible (Faith Alive, ESV )and Concordia Publishing House
- Language Arts: Novel Based Literature Studies and Strategy Instruction (reading), Shurley Method (English), and Words Their Way Spelling
- Math: Eureka
- Science: MacMillan/McGraw-Hill
- Social Studies: Scott Foresman
- Enrichment: art, computers, library, physical education, Spanish
- Fine Arts: band (optional), choir, music, and participation in a theater production (Grades 3-5)
- Technology: document camera, interactive whiteboard, iPad, Chromebooks and other technology tools utilized for lessons.
- Technology: Document camera, interactive whiteboard, iPad, Chromebooks and other technology tools utilized for lessons
Christ. Quality. Community.
Grade Level Goals
Christ: Learn Bible stories. Discuss and apply God’s Word into their daily lives. Memorize Scripture. Deepen and develop their relationships with God. Participate in daily prayer, devotions, and a weekly chapel.
Quality: Become more self-reliant for organizational skills and study skills. Master grammar and writing skills, presentation skills, math facts, and critical thinking. Increase reading and comprehension skills.
Community: Work together to build Christ-centered relationships with other students and teachers. Develop sportsmanship and conflict resolution skills. Participate in activities involving different grade levels to develop their abilities to serve others. Develop citizenship and leadership skills. Participate with classmates in Hearts and Hands in Motion community service projects.
- Athletics: Flag football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, softball, track, cross country and baseball.
- Clubs: Bible Bee, Chess Club, FIRST LEGO League (robotics), Geography Bee, Running Club, Spelling Bee and Student Council
Various field trips are taken each year which tie into curriculum and/or develop an appreciation for the arts. Trips taken in past years include the Mesa Arts Center, Phoenix Art Museum, Phoenix Symphony, Arizona Science Center, American Heritage Center and an overnight trip to Tucson area attractions.