- Christian Learning: Bible and Concordia Publishing House
- Language Arts: Harcourt Trophies (reading and spelling), Shurley Method (English)
- Math: Eureka
- Science: MacMillan/McGraw-Hill
- Social Studies: Scott Foresman and Scholastic News
- Enrichment: computers, library, physical education and Spanish
- Fine Arts: art, choir, music and participation in a theater production (Grades K-2)
- Technology: document camera, iPads, and other technology tools utilized for lessons.
Christ. Quality. Community.
Grade Level Goals
Christ: Develop a deeper relationship with God through study of Bible stories in chronological order from both the New and Old Testaments focusing on how these stories apply in their daily lives. Realize that everyone has sinned and has a need for a Savior, Jesus Christ. Memorize a Bible verse each week. Participate in daily prayer, devotions, and a weekly chapel.
Quality: Develop healthy study habits, organizational skills, and good citizenship qualities. Develop reading skills which includes progressing comprehension strategies, expanding vocabulary, and reinforcing phonics skills. Learn grammar skills including classifying sentences and how to write two point paragraphs. Master the basic addition and subtraction facts, learn time to five minute intervals, cover addition and subtraction with regrouping, work with measurement and geometric shapes, and are introduced to multiplication.
Community: Work together to build Christ-centered relationships with other students and teachers. Develop sportsmanship and conflict resolution skills. Participate in activities involving different grade levels to develop their abilities to serve others. Develop citizenship and leadership skills. Participate with classmates in Hearts and Hands in Motion community service projects.
- Athletics: ADM (Athletic Developmental Model) and cheerleading
- Clubs: Chess Club and Running Club
Various field trips are taken each year which tie into curriculum and/or develop an appreciation for the arts. Trips taken in past years include children’s theater performances, and the Gilbert Historical Museum. Special K-2 celebrations include Johnny Appleseed Day and 100 days of school.