- Christian Learning: Bible and Concordia Publishing House
- Language Arts: Fundations (spelling, reading, phonics, and handwriting), HarcourtTrophies and book studies (reading and phonics), Shurley Method (English)
- Math: Eureka and Zearn
- Science: Macmillan/McGraw-Hill
- Social Studies: Pearson-Scott Foresman, Scholastic News and thematic units
- Enrichment: computers, library, physical education and Spanish
- Fine Arts:art, choir, music and participation in a theater production
- Technology: document camera, iPads, and other technology tools utilized for lessons
- by Scholastic News and thematic units.
Christ. Quality. Community.
Grade Level Goals
Christ: Building a relationship with Jesus. Practice grace, forgiveness, expression, and encouragement daily to promote positive relationships with peers, teachers, and family members. Recognize and appreciate God’s hand in all creation. Participate in daily prayer, devotions, and a weekly chapel.
Quality: Grow in maturity, knowledge, and ability through hands-on and discussion-driven lessons and activities. Practice organization and successful work habits. Learn through a variety of methods (student-led projects, cooperative groups, pair and share, small groups, teacher-directed and exploration).
Community: Work together to develop Christ-centered relationships with each other, teachers, and families. Be a role model in and outside of the classroom. Participate with classmates in the Hearts and Hands in Motion community service projects. Supporting PTL events
- Clubs: Chess Club and Running Club
Field Trips and Special Days
Various field trips are taken each year which tie into curriculum and/or develop an appreciation for the arts. Trips taken in past years include children’s theater performances, the Phoenix Zoo, and the Riparian Preserve. Special K-2 celebrations include Johnny Appleseed Day and 100 days of school.